Sunday, September 28, 2008

A Fun Family Weekend

This weekend all the Curtis girls were home for Maysville's Homecoming and some great family time.

Alex, Emmy, and I helped Papa work calves Friday morning, and everyone met mom at Red Barn for the "special special" lunch. Emmy was the cutist farm hand with her pink t-shirt, overalls and pony tail. She helped Aunt Kiki with the ear tags and scolded the calves when they weren't doing the right thing. She loves being with Papa and loves the "moos." Uncle Alex got in on the some of the not so fun parts of dealing with livestock.

Stacey and Cory made it into town to go to the parade with Mom, Dad, Amy, and Emmy while Alex and I headed to our doctors appointment. Everything went very well. We have new pictures of Addison that I will get uploaded tomorrow after Alex scans them in for me. She now weighs 2 lbs. 11 oz.

Friday night we all went to the football game. Alex took lots of great pictures of the game, family, and friends. Here are a couple of me, Stacey, and Emmy.


Saturday morning Mom cooked a great breakfast for everyone before Amy and Emmy left to go meet her new cousin, Gradyn Stanley, on her dad's side. Alex and Cory went out and put up a tree stand and then cut some fire wood for Cory and Stacey on Saturday afternoon. I think they were both a little sore after the firewood episode. Sunday morning they tested the stand out, but didn't have any success.

I love these weekends with my sisters and brother-in-laws home and Emmy to entertain us all. There is always lots of storytelling, laughing, and teasing.

No comments: